Monday, August 11, 2008

daughter of a norwegian oil tycoon, born again yesterday

I got an email from a zine that recently accepted some poems, asking if I would like to send along "a new bio." You know, change the little thumbnail of my life. Well, sure. Is that allowed? Can I call a do-over? Can I be from Detroit? Could I be a guy? Might I draw a very large salary, say, in the Cayman Islands? Perhaps I'll push rewind and be raised by wolves. Could I skip having gone out with Keith Wassil, against the advice of everyone? Maybe I could just have continued those clarinet lessons . . .

5 comments:

JKA said...

Hmmm… I’d go with the "raised by wolves" angle. Something about a semi-feral poet is rather intriguing.

SarahJane said...

I'm going to let the gorillas get to me first.

toniclark said...

Ha! Very funny. And it immediately makes me want to write a poem called "My Updated Bio."

Nice photo above!

Brooklyn said...

It IS a bit funny. We do the same for Taiga because there's such a gap between when we accept submissions and when we print them, and we want to be able to include any life-altering news that the poet sees fit. :-)

SarahJane said...

you all should look up my friend Luke Buckham, who recreates his life with every poem published. I believe, in fact, that he has been the daughter of a norwegian oil tycoon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails